Jenny's Thoughts Living and Business.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Feels like a day off.


MAP OF MY PROGRESS

Well It is Sunday and I am starting night duty tonight, but today has been so peaceful it has felt like a real day off. I had a sleep in, then spent time cooking and planning next week's menu, had several lovely phone calls with family members in other states and have had a very relaxing time on the computer catching up on emails, work and the 12WBT. I finally watched Michell's first live video, that's what shift work does. I am glad I can still get it even though its a little late. Very motivating and some good questions answered.

I am so happy with my progress so far that the motivation is still there. I almost went a bit mad on Saturday night with the free dinner, but in the end just had grilled fish and salad and a fruit and yogurt desert. It was great, I added some favorite flavors to the fruit, like honey and cinnamon, so felt I was in heaven. I had dinner with my grand daughter and she loved it too. We both sat there licking our lips and making yummy sounds and laughed at each other..............

I was a bit worried that I had too many calories, but when I added it up, it was fine. I will really look forward to Saturday nights from now on. I have found the preparing and cooking a little time consuming, so will be really glad when enough time and practice has passed that I will have my favorite recipes in the memory banks and can shop without taking so much time. The shopping thing is a little hard in Bunbury, we don't have Sunday trade or extended trade during the week. The closest shopping centre I can get to out of the normal shopping hours is 20min away, which is more expensive and always very crowded. I don't want to spend the extra time travelling on top of cooking and exercising, it all adds up and every minute counts when one works shift work...

I love just pottering around the house, letting my thoughts just roll on and catching up with what I'm doing. It seems to settle the dust and make the next day easier. This week with nights, I have to be even more on top of things, because I get so tired and during winter with the shorter days I get a little loopy. Its just the nature of the upside down light and dark and very mixed up hormones. Not good really for a menopausal phase, but that's life, I live with it. Tomorrow morning, (Monday) I will be going to the gym straight after work, then hopefully have a really great sleep when I get home. I have never done this before, but I have to make the effort or it won't happen.

OH and by the way, at my last RPM class on Friday I stood up through the last phase and survived!!!!!!!! Amazing....... I am proud of me for trying.........

I am hoping it will be quiet (er) at work tonight because I plan to do some of the strength exercises while filling in the time.....

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment